The SPFA is the governing body for Powerchair Football in Scotland. Over the past year we have been developing or National Squad to a level where they can compete internationally. We are now looking to continue that development and ensure we continue to monitor the development of player’s outside of the squad. We currently have two coaches, Garry Johnstone and Craig Peattie.
We have recognised the development in their skills as well as the heavy workload they have taken on and we are looking for an Assistant Coach to join Scotland Powerchair.
It is desirable for the candidate to have knowledge of Powerchair Football but not essential. If you don’t have knowledge of Powerchair Football it is essential you have experience of coaching football at some level. You should be organised and reliable.
The role will be unpaid but travel will be paid and other expenses may be covered.
Our short-term plans are:
• International training to commence at the start of 2019/20 season and continue monthly, dates to be confirmed.
• Development sessions for those out with the first team squad
• Potential friendly with English Premiership side in December 2019.
• Potential tournament in February 2020 in Leeds
• Tri-Nations tournament in May 2020 at Largs.
• EPFA Home Nations at Largs October 2020.
All applicants should apply in writing with a short personal statement outlining their skills and abilities, an what you could bring to the role. Please include any experience of football coaching and any relevant qualifications.
Interviews may take place
Please include your personal details, name, address and contact number and e-mail address.
All applications should be sent by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will close at midnight on Sunday 30th June, any applications received after this time will not be considered.
Thank you and good luck